Located in central St John’s County FL, the St Augustine RC Flyers is a group of RC enthusiasts who derive enjoyment from building and flying model aircraft.
The goals of the club are:
- To further the sport of radio-controlled model aviation
- To encourage and support young people in the many aspects related to this hobby, including aerodynamics, electronics, flight control systems, and eye-hand coordination
- To promote a relationship among members that share technology advances and to help others learn this fascinating sport.
Members build and fly Gliders, Scale, Sport Planes, Helicopters, and Drones. Gas turbines are not permitted.
Short term guest flyers sponsored by a club member are welcome. Guest flyers must be current AMA member, observe the club and field rules, have proof of passing The Recreational UAS Safety Test (TRUST), and their aircraft must have current FAA registration as applicable by the current regs. Guests must be accompanied by a sponsoring member while flying.
- Glider & powered aircraft areas with a maintained turf runway and glider launch/recovery area
- Sun shelters on dry concrete pads
- Ample room for drones and helicopters.
Most flying activity is on Saturday and Sunday between 8 am and 2 pm, however members can fly all week long from Sun up to Sun down. Night flying is not permitted. Our club operates under the auspices of the St. John’s County Recreation Department.
We are located in Elkton in St John’s County, Florida off of SR207 west of I95 exit 311.
A Detailed map to the field is available here: https://goo.gl/maps/B6CM1zzD7ACgqgCh8
From I-95 exit 311, go west on State Road 207 then take a right on Vermont Blvd/Alan Nease Rd (look for signs to the St Johns County Landfill/BMX) . The club field is located about 2.5 miles on the left side of Alan Nease Rd at the same entrance as the BMX track.
The field’s official address and for emergency 911 purposes is 2845 Allen Nease Rd, Elkton FL 32033
Gate & Entry
The main gate should normally always be closed, please shut it behind you when entering. The last member to leave should shut and lock both gates. However, if BMX track personnel are on-site the main gate might be open and can remain open.
When entering please try to drive slowly along the northern fence line away from the BMX track.